Monday 20 April 2015

"You can't ruin Chrismukkah. It's got twice the resistance of any normal holiday."

Hello Readers!

Well we’ve reached the end of the semester, which means this post will be my last for a little while. So, while I’ve got you in suspense here I’d just like to take this opportunity to thank you for reading my blog! It means a lot to me!

Anyways, in anticipation of summer vacation my show of choice for this week is The O.C.  As per the name, the show is set in Newport Beach, Orange County, California. The basic concept behind the show revolves around an affluent family who takes in a troubled teen when they realize he has no home.

Sounds like your typical teen drama, right? As much as I’d like to say you’re wrong, that’s exactly what this show is. While the plot may not be all that in-depth, and it sort of feels like a soap opera for teenagers, this show still holds a special place in my love for TV. It’s one of the first shows I watched from start to finish in binge-watching style.

But let’s get back to the show. Basically, the plot unfolds around 4 teenagers and their families. There’s Ryan – the strong, silent, adopted one, Seth – the geeky, always on the outside until Ryan comes around, Marissa – the party-girl, trouble-maker, and Summer – Marissa’s popular, quirky best friend. It’s the overlap of these friendships that I think make the show worth watching.


If you’re looking for something to get you ready for summer, tune in to The O.C. It’s only four seasons, so you’ll finish it before it’s time to get outside and enjoy the nice weather!

I hope you all have a fantastic summer!

Thanks for reading!


-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment