Wednesday 5 November 2014

"It's going to be legen--wait for it--dary!"

Hello readers!

So this week I’ve decided to write about characters. I think How I Met Your Mother did a fantastic job at creating believable characters and also at keeping them consistent.

First, there’s Ted. While at times he can get a little annoying, I love that despite the various set backs, he never gives up on finding The Mother.

Barney is great comic relief. He’s also the perfect sidekick for Ted because Barney acts on instinct while Ted tends to overthink everything. Together, they’re the perfect balance.

Lily is like the mother of the group and is always there for some good advice when her friends need her.

Marshall is my favourite character. He’s kind and caring and superstitious and intelligent. It’s a weird combination, but it works to create a very lovable teddy bear type character.

And finally there’s Robin. I find her funny even though she doesn’t always get the best jokes. I like that she’s a focused career woman who knows what she wants.

This is my (very) short summary, so I’d love to hear your thoughts! And if you haven’t seen the show I definitely recommend it.

Thanks for reading!


-Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment