Thursday 8 January 2015

"Six billion people in the world. Six billion souls. And sometimes — all you need is one"

Welcome back readers!

I'm back, and this year I hope to cover more than just TV shows... but we’ll see. :)

Anyways, for this week’s post I am going to continue writing about my favourite TV shows. The Christmas break was the perfect chance for me to hang out on the couch all day and binge watch. My show of choice was One Tree Hill.



For those of you that don’t know, One Tree Hill is the story about two brothers, Nathan and Lucas, who play basketball. It may not sound like much, but the brothers only share the same father and have different mothers. The father they share, Dan, also happens to be the villain of the show.

The show begins with the brothers in their junior year of high school, which seems to be the first time the brothers ever talk to each other. Even though Lucas’s mom got pregnant first with Lucas, Dan chose to stay with Nathan’s mother Deb. Dan’s brother Keith helps Lucas’s mom raise him, which creates a weird family dynamic.

It’s kind of hard to explain, so if it sounds complicated I assure you it’s not when you watch it. The overlap of the characters and their interactions with each other make for good TV drama.

If you’re going to start watching it, I should warn you it’s a bit of a commitment – nine seasons worth of commitment. However, two of the main characters leave the show after season six, and the jump from season six to seven makes it a completely different show.


Overall though if you’re a TV lover like me, One Tree Hill is definitely worth the watch!

Thanks for reading!


-Emily

2 comments: